Thursday, November 3, 2011

Time is flying...

            I can't believe that it's already November! Time is flying by so quickly! It seems like just yesterday we were officially starting our new school year and now we're planning Thanksgiving dinner. Just yesterday (figuratively speaking) the kids were in shorts and sun dresses and today we're cracking out the winter coats and turning up the heat!
            So in the midst of my nostalgia, let's take a trip down memory lane; We've grown our own produce, picked peaches, berries, and apples. Made pies, cobblers, and crumbles (we haven't made jam yet). Experimented with different ways to juice veggies and make them taste yummy. Gone on many many field trips and nature walks. We've milked cows, dug for fossils, and hatched Triops with little success in keeping them alive. We've even managed to fit in some book work, music lessons, and sports!
            We've fit a lot into the last couple of months! I don't really keep a planner per say, however I do live by my calendar. I try to keep track of the "school work" we do, but try not to stress about it, given the fact that our day's schedule can change at the drop of a hat.
            As I sit here on my bed with my little girl cuddling next to me (she probably should be asleep, but she came in and wanted to cuddle) I have to smile to myself, this is my life, I wouldn't change it for the world, just maybe slow the time down if I could!

            ~Here's to embracing every moment :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment