Monday, December 19, 2011

The Last Day of "School" for 2011

I'm a little late on this post. Our last day was actually Friday. We woke up to a phenomenal sunrise coming up over the trees. The view from my bedroom window was spectacular! It made me want to throw clothes on and run out to take pictures by the lake, but alas I was too cold and didn't want to scare the neighbors if seen. So I simply opened my window and started shooting. Here was the view from my window:
It would have been much more magnanimous beyond the trees by the lake, but the view was still uplifting none the less.

The kiddos were pretty excited about the prospect of Christmas break (especially the part about the boys coming home from college later that day) so in true form they dressed for the occasion. 
The girl chose the princess/fairy look

The boy chose the pajama look.

So after a bit of history (Story of the World Vol. 2) which included some map work, color pages, and history trivia regarding the adventures of Marco Polo, we did some math, The boy finished one of his American Chillers books, the princess read about Kit Kittredge and her newspaper reporting. After that, we cut out gingerbread men, stockings, and snowmen. By that time we needed to move on to CHRISTMAS BREAK!

All is right with the world!

~

Linked up at


No comments:

Post a Comment