Friday, November 11, 2011

Amazing Visitor

People that know me know that for some strange reason I like to photograph bugs. So over the last couple of days we've had a special visitor that shared with us a pretty amazing occurrence in her life that I couldn't resist capturing.  Meet who my kids originally named Charlie;
My hubby brought her in because he thought she'd freeze over night. I swear if we had a farm all of the animals would sleep inside in the winter for that very reason!
I told my family that I thought Charlie was a girl and that I thought she was carrying babies!

We put her on my hibiscus plant where she seemed quite comfy. We soon found out that I was right! So the kids promptly changed her name from Charlie to Charlotte.
And we were able to share in her amazing birth;




And then there was an egg sac (oothecca)
It was a pretty unforgettable experience that inspired much conversation and research. We're hoping our little egg sac hatches many healthy little nymphs in the spring :)
Here are some informative sites for Praying Mantis education;

Have a fantastic weekend and don't forget to cast your vote at the HSBAPost.com blog awards!

Linked up at





Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli

No comments:

Post a Comment