Tuesday, February 7, 2012

366 Days of Pictures in 2012!-Day 38


my little grandbaby wasn't really cooperating much today when I was trying to take her picture, but I did get a shot. It is so very different being a grandparent as opposed to a parent. The fun part being that I get to play with her and spoil her then send her back to mom, the hardest part being that I have to accept that my baby is all grown up. Her having a baby of her own means that to a certain extent, I have to let her go, that is very hard and definitely a bit sad, even a bit liberating. I've said all along that being a parent in general is a bit like being Sybil, I'm sure you've seen the movie starring Sally Field (although maybe not to the same degree). As a parent you wear many different hats. As a grand parent you don't need to wear nearly as many, that's weird! But I do love it! Almost as much as I love being a parent!

No comments:

Post a Comment