Saturday, February 25, 2012

Geology

Our topic of the week this week was Geology. My hubby is a bit of a rocks, stones, dinosaur bones collector. He and his parents have quite a collection. They call it Nature's Expressions.

We (I should say my in-laws) held a class on geology. They discussed what our earth is made out of, and types of rocks. It's pretty beneficial to have a father-in-law that's affiliated with the Michigan Mineralogical Society.



Geology has never been my best subject. Being married to a man that has a passion for it has definitely peeked an interest in me. Watching my kids learn from the most knowledgeable people on the subject has been invaluable!

The kids followed the class with a fun filled swim!


All in all, a pretty awesome day at school!


No comments:

Post a Comment